Tuesday, December 13, 2016

You CAN Always Get What You Want

You CAN Always Get What You Want
          The Rolling Stones famously sing about not getting what you want but getting what you need. In today’s instant information access world the ‘Wizards’ behind the curtains are making sure you get what you want, cherry red sodas and all. Fitting in with what ‘The Information Diet’ and ‘The App Generation’ so thoroughly cover, I read this article from the BBC (I know you’re thinking “The BBC again?”… I swear I don’t pause for afternoon tea, and when nature calls I’ve never proclaimed that I was heading to the loo, I digress). Even though it’s intended for a business audience, I think; and in light of recent events that our classmate Zack narrowly missed, it is spot on in its assessment of the dangers of living in a digital bubble curated to only offer options that you’re more than likely to click on. Give it a read and then Google up an opinion totally opposite of your own, or at least try a different pharmacy than the one in Chelsea.

No comments:

Post a Comment